Springfield, MA | Temp-to-Hire
Are you an accounting and finance professional who has experience in law firm billing? If so, our client may want to hear from you. We’re working with a Springfield-area law firm on a billing coordinator role that plays an integral part on the accounting team. If you have mathematical aptitude, affinity for process and guidelines, and are a team player, please keep reading to see if this temp-to-hire is just what you’ve been waiting for.
What will you be doing?
Overall, your responsibility will be to handle daily production of client billing for this mid-sized law firm. Some of these tasks include the following:
• Preparing draft client bills for attorney review and revision
• Processing corrections, time transfers, write-downs and other adjustments by client matter
• Proofreading and editing draft bills for compliance with client billing guidelines
• Reporting to attorneys, legal assistants, and clients regarding billings, receipts, and other financial matters as requested
• Monitoring e-billing portals for status of bill acceptance and payment, posting all receipts into billing system
• Occasional coverage in Accounts Payable processing payments
- Associate’s degree in business, accounting, or finance
- At least 3 years of recent law firm billing experience
- Proficiency in a complex billing software program
- Strong organizational skills and attention to detail
- Exceptional proofreading skills
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Mathematical aptitude
- Proficiency in Excel
Since 1995, Johnson & Hill has connected talent with opportunities. We take that work very personally. It starts with building long-lasting relationships with businesses and organizations, as well as with job seekers who count on us to guide them through their career journey. Woman-owned, we hold a Supplier Diversity Office Certification, and that’s just part of what makes us unique. Johnson & Hill is comprised of dedicated, passionate individuals with decades of experience in the recruitment industry—some have been with us from day one. Together we share a love and commitment for the communities we serve throughout Western Massachusetts and Northern Connecticut. That dedication is reflected in our support of a number of nonprofit organizations. Our team members volunteer their time, share expertise and raise money for community groups. It all adds up to exceptional people delivering an outstanding experience throughout the recruitment and job search process.
Pamela A. Fernandes
Director of Client Services
Before coming to Johnson & Hill, Pam had an impressive career working in the legal industry, which makes her the perfect individual to manage the Johnson & Hill Legal Division! Part of the Johnson & Hill team since 1997, Pam is one of our veterans and still loves the feeling she gets when one of her associates is hired by a client. Knowing she is the liaison who connected the employer and employee keeps her feeling passionate and engaged with her job. Pam also manages our client services department to ensure we are always exceeding our clients’ needs.