Investment Operations Consultant 3
Boston, MA 02210
Cash & Securities Management Consultant
An outstanding opportunity to join this leading insurance and financial services firm in a contract role that is expected to last 9-12 months. This contract position starts off remote and could grow into a hybrid role reporting in to Boston or Springfield, MA. Candidates must be local to Massachusetts or Connecticut. Payrate range is $55- $65 per hour.
As an Investment Operations Consultant (Cash & Securities Management Consultant) in our Investment Operations organization, you are responsible for transaction processing and oversight over the lifecycle of invested assets and their portfolios for the Company. This includes assisting in onboarding new managers and investment types, relationship management, customer support, calculation of forecast and funds available investing, general ledger balancing, reporting, reconciliations, payment validations, and complex transaction processing.
The Investment Operations team is agile and works independently, yet collaboratively. All members are held accountable and are encouraged to grow in the role via peer to peer training, education and industry participation. To be successful on this team, you must have a strong attention to detail, be able to multi-task, thrive in a fast-paced work environment, have strong interpersonal skills and have a continuous improvement mindset.
As a Cash & Securities Management Consultant, you will need to have working knowledge of back office securities operations functions. You will maintain the lifecycle of the assets in accordance with established policies and procedures, which may include:
• Forecast and validate expected cash flows related to investments.
• Research, analyze, validate and process security related transactions (redemptions, corporate actions, etc.) on the accounting system, many times collaborating with others across the organization.
• Perform reconciliations, including exception oversight, analysis and resolution
• Triage and prioritize scheduled work as well as ad-hoc requests as received
• Partner with vendors, banks and Investment Managers
• Maintain and improve workflows and procedures as needed
The Minimum Qualifications:
- Experienced in back office securities operations or similar (reconciliation of cash to receivables/payables, holdings reconciliations)
- Knowledge and experience using Microsoft Office products (primarily Excel, PowerPoint)
- Banking and Treasury experience
The Ideal Qualifications:
- Ability to problem solve and resolve issues independently, and know when to escalate appropriately
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Strong inter-personal skills to facilitate building positive working relationships
- Risk and controls awareness
- Ability to multi-task and thrive in a fast-paced environment
- Strong attention to detail
- Recognition of patterns and trends in data operations and identify opportunities for improving processes and systems
Meet Your Recruiter
Building upon her managerial experience in retail fashion, Stephanie is a pro when it comes to recruiting and interviewing applicants. And even better, she has a strong grasp on what it means to deliver excellent customer service. Aside from meeting with applicants and helping to match them with careers, Stephanie happily accepts some of the more tedious administrative tasks because she loves working with numbers, charts, and metrics.